OpenSolver for Excel
The Open Source Optimization Solver for Excel
We welcome your comments on OpenSolver.
I sincerely appreciate your generosity in making this program freely available. In my problem, one of the constraints is not solved, but open solver is showing an optimal solution (LP problem). Any suggestions on how to rectify it?
Dear OpenSolver team,
I rely heavily on the OpenSolver in Google sheets, but is it still broken? What is the status? Any improvements? API problems? Google not consenting the plugin?
I believe now that my problem with no more working Solver wasn’t related to the if() formulas I used but rather to the moment, I got my solver kicked out by Google… This is really bad, since I don’t use Excel at home, have rewritten everything from G-sheets to LibreOffice StarBasic and then found out, the solver model will not be saved into the sheet. So OpenSolver plus LibreOffice makes no sense at all…
And my online application ceased working. Too bad!
We have gone thru the new Google approval process, but something is it working yet despite Google saying the app is now approved. We are asking them to advise on next steps. Sorry this is proving to be such a tortuous hurdle to jump thru. Andrew
first of all thanks for Opensolver (i’m loving it!) – while developing an assignement model, i came across the need for using AddConstraint API: if calling it as Application.Run(….) Excel says the macro doesn’t exist/it’s not available…but if i go into the API VBA module, copy AddConstraint and rename it as for example AddConstraintFC, the new one works flawlessly! No big issue (i just need to save Opensolver.xlam, though i did not understand well the messages about exporting, tidying up etc and i would like to keep “clean” the xlam file), just sharing as maybe it may be interesting for other ppl and/or easy to fix. thanks again& ciao, Francesco
Thanks for the tip. Most odd. Maybe adding a new function refreshed some list somewhere? Did the original method work after adding the new one? Andrew
Hello OpenSolver team.
I love OpenSolver! This is much more powerful than the EXCEL built-in Solver.
I had one problem about SATALIA SolveEngine. I clicked the “revoke” key in Satalia Dashboard by mistake. When I use the Satalia Using SolveEngine, it showed up with below message:
OpenSolver 2.9.0 encountered an error:
Invalid API key, please check at https://se.satalia.com/api
I tried unloading Open Solver and deleting all the files, but it didn’t work – the same message pops up.
I didn’t find a place to update the API key of Satalia using SolveEngine.
Could you please do me a favor?
Hello OpenSolver team!
Thanks to the great product! Open Solver is more than 10 times faster than the Excel built-in solver. I love this product!
But I have one question about SATALIA SolveEngine. I somehow clicked the “revoke key” button in SATALIA dashboard. Now when I tried to use SATALIA solveEngine, it popped up invalid key. How can I solve this problem? I tried deleted Open Solver from my computer, but it seemed to remember the SATALIA key, and it still showed “invalid key“. How can I update the SATALIA key?
Your latest version of OpenSolver2.90_AdvancedWin is triggering my virus detection software as having a Trojan.GenericKD in it. Can you scan this on your end and make sure the distributable is not infected with malicious code.
Version 2.8.6 seems to be clean.
We get this a lot. You can upload OpenSolver to VirusTotal.com, and will see that most of the virus checkers report the code as fine. The issue is with your virus checker, not with OpenSolver. Hope this helps. Andrew
Hi team OpenSolver! I’m trying to automate the OpenSolver process through VBA & create a separate sheet which contains the Sensitivity Analysis to get shadow prices, but I haven’t quite figured out how/where to incorporate GetDuals. Currently running OpenSolver smoothly using Application.Run
Thanks so much for creating this wonderful tool!
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *